USPS Package Intercept
For a fee, USPS Package Intercept® lets the sender or recipient stop delivery or redirect a package, letter, or flat that is not out for delivery or already delivered. Most domestic mailings with a tracking or extra services barcode are eligible for Package Intercept. You can only request a Package Intercept online.
Commercial USPS Package Intercept is available through Business Customer Gateway.
How It Works
You can request that the destination Post Office hold the item for you or have it returned to sender.
- Verify that your shipment is eligible for Package Intercept.
- If eligible, you can submit your request online after logging in with your USPS.com account.
- After submitting your request, you’ll be provided an estimated total (intercept fee plus estimated Priority Mail® postage, if applicable). We will then attempt to intercept and redirect the shipment.
- If the shipment is intercepted, your credit card will be charged the $14.65 Package Intercept fee plus any applicable postage. If the actual postage is greater than estimated, any additional postage will be charged accordingly.
- Your shipment will be redirected to the original sender or held at the local Post Office for pickup.
Paying for Package Intercept
- All intercepted items are redirected as Priority Mail. You must pay the applicable Priority Mail postage, except when the item was originally sent using Priority Mail Express®, Priority Mail, or First-Class Mail®.
- Customers will not be charged if the shipment was not intercepted. If successfully intercepted, the non-refundable Package Intercept fee is applied to each intercept request.
Package Intercept Price Information
- Retail and commercial customers can also purchase additional services for the intercepted package, like Adult Signature Required, Adult Signature Restricted Delivery, Signature Confirmation™, and insurance.
Insurance & Extra Services
USPS Package Intercept is not a guaranteed service and certain conditions apply.
What Is Eligible
- Domestic USPS mail services with a USPS Tracking® or extra services barcode Check Your Barcode Number
- Packages whose total length and girth length is not larger than 108 inches Measuring Package Girth
What Is Not Eligible
- USPS Marketing Mail® products and periodicals
- Items addressed to a Commercial Mailing Receiving Agency
- Items redirected to a PO Box™
- Nonmailable items, items with surface-only transportation markings, such as Label 127, Surface Mail Only, or items bearing other hazardous materials markings, such as Consumer Commodity ORM-D